Paul Gaulkin is enrolled with the U.S. Treasury to practice before the IRS. Mr. Gaulkin possesses technical knowledge in the process of securing relief for taxpayers with complex tax problems. With an accounting degree from Florida International University, he is able to transform complex tax problems into easy to execute solutions.
Peter Gonzalez has over 38 years of accounting and tax experience working in both the public and private sectors. With an Accounting degree from Florida International University and a Masters degree in Taxation from Nova Southeastern University, Mr. Gonzalez has the education and experience to tackle any IRS tax problem.
Joel Gaulkin is one of our expert litigation attorneys as well as a Certified Public Accountant. Mr. Gaulkin is focused primarily on business dispute resolution including commercial litigation and appeals. For 20 years, Mr. Gaulkin has handled cases on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants involving disputes arising out of tax related issues
"NTC saved me $100,000.00!!! I sold my business in 2012, and got divorced the same year. As a result of both, I owed more than 150K in taxes to the IRS and state of CT. I had no savings left. The IRS wanted me to pay them $2800 every month, and I just could not afford it. It was almost half of my income from my new employer. I came to NTC after seeing their website online. NTC promised nothing until they could first see my tax file from the IRS. They called it a “facts first” approach, which made sense. So I took a chance. Still, I was nervous, because I had to pay a small retainer before they could tell me what they could do to help. But it was 10% of what other companies wanted up front, so I took a chance. About a week later, the Enrolled Agents and CPA’s at NTC had discovered serious errors that my accountant had made when my business was sold. They amended the Tax Return from 2012, and the IRS accepted the changes. My tax debt went from $151K to about 50K total. Then NTC got me 6 years to pay off the remaining IRS debt, at an interest rate that is barely noticeable. AND they got the IRS to agree to dramatically reduce all the penalties! I have always trusted my accountant. He has worked for my family for decades. Not anymore. I am having NTC do all my personal tax returns from now on. Thanks NTC!!!"- James D.
"NTC helped me out when no one would work with me. They helped with all my tax needs, and were willing to work with a payment plan that worked with my budget. I would recommend them to anybody who is serious about fixing any tax problems they may have."- Steve M.
"I was scared and nervous when the IRS showed up at my door saying I owed thousands in taxes. They said they were gonna put liens on property and garnish my wages. I hadn’t filed taxes in five years and didn’t know which way to turn. I contacted NTC. They were fantastic and did EXACTLY what they said they were gonna do. Everything was done professionally, timely and accurately. I couldn’t be happier. They put my families mind at ease, we have a affordable payment plan, and we can move on with our lives. They are very easy to work with and very non-judgmental. They will work hard to put your life back together!!! Take the time and make the phone call!"- Scott
"Paul and his team were fantastic. I always felt valuable to him and even when I asked the same question multiple times he handled me with the utmost care. I would highly recommend him to others."- Nathan N.
How We Are Different
Most "Tax Resolution Firms" do not actually have any tax attorneys, CPAs or IRS Enrolled Agents within their firm. The fact of the matter is, other companies will tell you that they do when they actually don't. This is why you will not find any named attorneys, CPAs or IRS Enrolled Agents on their website. Most of these firms are simply lead generation companies with high pressure salespeople.
NTC Consulting clearly lists our qualified personnel on our website. Our team of attorneys, CPAs, and IRS Enrolled Agents have over 100 years of combined experience dealing with the IRS and how to best handle your case.
We at NTC Consulting are always honest and ethical with our clients. We like to think of our clients as family and therefore treat them accordingly.
Most of the "Tax Resolution Firms" will do the following:
1. Send out their client files to unknown or unqualified licensed individuals.
2. Take in large retainers and then not follow through with their promises.
3. Have a staff of unlicensed and unqualified individuals handling cases.
4. Advertise an A rating with the BBB but have only been in business for a short period of time.
5. Have hundreds of complaints or are currently being sued.
NTC Consulting will do the following:
1. Handle all client files in-house and not contract to any outside individuals.
2. Work endlessly to ensure our clients' receive the highest quality representation.
3. Provide you with a staff of experienced attorneys, CPAs and IRS Enrolled Agents.
4. Continue to maintain an A rating with the BBB after being in business for over 5 years.
In the past 5 years, we have represented over 10,000 clients and received only 7 customer complaints which were immediately resolved. We are confident that we have the experience and expertise to handle your specific tax problem with the highest probability of success.
Solutions You May Qualify For
Some of the many services we offer:
1. Installment Agreement - This is a monthly payment plan set up to pay back your tax liability. The IRS has guidelines as to what amount they will accept and the time frame they will accept it in. In order to receive the best possible payment plan, it is usually best to have a professional tax resolution firm draft a financial profile of your situation to submit to the IRS.
2. Offer in Compromise / Reduction of Liability - An Offer in Compromise is an offer to the IRS to lower the total tax liability owed by the taxpayer due to financial constraints. Not everyone qualifies for this specific program and therefore it is best to seek professional representation to ensure a favorable outcome.
3. Currently Not Collectible - When the taxpayer cannot afford to pay the IRS monies due to a lack of assets and low income or no income (recently laid off due to current economy) then the IRS will deem the taxpayer Currently Not Collectible and agree that their tax liability will be waive for the time being.
4. Penalty Abatement - The IRS assesses penalties and interest on tax liabilities which are outstanding and have not been paid. In some cases, the IRS will lower or eliminate these charges when requested to do so.
5. Bank Levies / Wage Garnishment Release - The IRS will collect their monies due by any means necessary. They may take all your assets with a levy or garnish up to 70% or your wages. A tax resolution firm can negotiate with the IRS to have these released in as little as 4 business days.
6. Audit Representation - If you are currently being audited, it is very important to be represented by tax professionals who can resolve the issues the IRS is claiming you have made. We can even have your past audit reopened if you feel you did not get a fair deal.
American Society of Tax Problem SolversThe American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS) is a national, non-profit organization of professionals who specialize in representing taxpayers before the IRS. We train rescue squads for troubled taxpayers. The mission of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers is to provide Members with resources that will elevate their ability to provide taxpayers with competent representation before the IRS and other taxing authorities.
National Association of Enrolled AgentsThe enrolled agent profession dates back to 1884 when, after questionable claims had been presented for Civil War losses, Congress acted to regulate persons who represented citizens in their dealings with the U.S. Treasury Department. These intriguing beginnings have grown to include the current National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), which is a national association of over 11,000 independent, licensed tax professionals.